Request an Appointment
A porcelain bridge is a non-removable fixed dental appliance that is used to replace missing teeth. They resemble natural teeth. A porcelain bridge comprises of two crowns which go over two anchoringteeth on either side and attached to artificial teeth in between to fill the gap.
There are several types of bridges. You and your dentist will discuss the best options for your particular case. Porcelain fixed bridges are the most popular because they resemble your natural teeth. This type of bridge consists of two crowns that go over two anchoring teeth (abutment teeth) and are attached to the pontics (artificial teeth) that will fill the gap created by your missing teeth.
Reasons for a fixed porcelain bridge
- Fill space of missing teeth
- Restore a beautiful smile
- Maintain original facial shape
- Restore speaking and chewing ability
- Prevent other teeth from drifting or tipping
What does getting a fixed bridge entail?
You might require two or more visits in order to get a fixed bridge. The procedure involves:
- preparing the anchor teeth
- then an accurate impression is taken, color shade is picked
- porcelain bridge is fabricated by a dental laboratory
- And your dentist will cement the bridge and adjust it as necessary